Dhaka University Admission Circular 2021-2022। admission.eis.du.ac.bd
Dhaka University (DU) Admission Notice PDF for the academic year 2021-2022. DU admission circular 2022 has been announced on DU admission website admission.eis.du.ac.bd. Before submitting admission applications candidates should know about the basic requirements for each unit, deadlines and much more information. This article will explain an in-depth analysis of DU admission 2022 and its related matters.
Dhaka University Admission Circular 2021-2022
For its hundred-year legacy of excellence, the University of Dhaka is renowned as an oxford of the east. On the other hand, Dhaka University offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, including IBA. Every academic year, a large number of candidates compete for each slot in their dream department by taking admissions tests. If you wish to apply DU A, B, C or D Units, you should have a clear concept about the procedure of admission. Before going to the analysis, we will shed light on the basic dates and deadlines of Dhaka University admission as per the prospectus.
DU Admission Test Date
As per the admission prospectus, DU admission test will be held on a different date in June 2022. Here are the unit-wise detailed admission dates & times.
|KA Unit||Science Faculty||10 June 2022||11.00 AM – 12.30 PM|
|KHA Unit||Arts Faculty||04 June 2022||11.00 AM – 12.30 PM|
|GA Unit||Commerce Faculty||03 June 2022||11.00 AM – 12.30 PM|
|GHA Unit||Social Science Faculty||11 June 2022||11.00 AM – 12.30 PM|
|CHA Unit (G.K)||Fine Arts Faculty||17 June 2022||11.00 AM – 11.30 PM|
Admission Test Venue: The admission test for Dhaka University will be held in eight divisional exam centers at the same time. Each candidate can select only one test center.
DU Admission Requirement
The minimal entrance exam criteria at the University of Dhaka have been changed. From the last academic year, they raise their minimum GPA. The following are the entry requirements for each unit: –
For Ka/A Unit
- Candidates who have passed SSC/ equivalent examination from 2016 to 2019 and the HSC/ equivalent examination in 2021 from Science Group can apply for admission.
- Candidates must be obtained at least GPA of 3.50 in both SSC and HSC/ equivalent examinations, and the total GPA should be up to 8.00 (including additional subjects).
For Kha/B unit
- Candidates who have passed SSC/ equivalent examination in 2016 or next year and HSC/ equivalent examination in 2021 from the humanities group can apply. Candidates can apply for admission through B Unit subject to fulfilling the conditions mentioned in the Admission Guide.
- Candidates must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 on each exam and a cumulative GPA of 7.50 on both exams.
For Ga/C Unit
- Students who have passed Business Studies/ A Level/ Diploma in Business Studies/ Business Management at Higher Secondary level can apply.
- Only those who have passed SSC/equivalent 2016 to 2019 and HSC/ equivalent examination in 2021, can apply.
- Applicants must be obtained at least a GPA of 3.0 in both SSC and HSC/ equivalent examinations. And the total GPA should be up to 7.50 (with additional subjects).
For Gha/D Unit
- Students who have passed SSC/ equivalent from 2016 to 2019 and HSC (Humanities, Science, Business Education, Agricultural Science) in 2021 can apply.
- Applications will not be accepted if you get less than ‘B’ grade (3.00) in any subject in HSC/ equivalent examination.
- Students from the Humanities group (including Madrasa Education Board) must have a minimum GPA of at least 7.50 in SSC and HSC examinations (including 4th subject).
- Candidates from Business Education, Diploma-in-Business Studies, Diploma-in-Commerce and Business Management group should have a minimum GPA of 7.50 in both SSC and HSC/ equivalent examinations (including 4th subject).
- Students from Science, Madrasa Education Board’s Science, Agricultural Science and Home Economics group should have a minimum GPA of 8.0 in SSC and HSC examinations (including 4th subject).
For Cha/E Unit
- Students who have passed SSC/ equivalent examination from 2016 to 2019 and HSC (Humanities, Science, Business Education, Agricultural Science) from 2021 will be able to apply.
- Candidates who have passed HSC/ equivalent examination in any group have a minimum GPA of 6.50 in SSC and HSC/ equivalent examinations (including 4th subject), they can apply for admission. However, if you have a GPA of less than 3.00 in any level (SSC or HSC), you cannot apply.
DU Marks Distribution
Dhaka University admission authority changes their existing admission marks distribution. They reduce MCQ & CGPA marks and increase written exam marks. According to the new marks distribution, 60 marks for MCQ test, 40 marks for the written test.
|Unit Name||MCQ Exam||Written Exam|
|KA Unit||60||45 Minutes||40||45 Minutes|
|KHA Unit||60||45 Minutes||40||45 Minutes|
|GA Unit||60||45 Minutes||40||45 Minutes|
|GHA Unit||60||45 Minutes||40||45 Minutes|
|CHA Unit||40 (General Knowledge)||30 Minutes||60 (Drawing)||60 Minutes|
DU admission authority has declared their admission test GPA marks. According to TV news, current year GPA marks will be 20 marks. These marks will be calculated based on applicants’ SSC/equivalent & HSC/ equivalent examination obtained GPA.
Unit wise DU Admission Circular Download
You may know that DU admission authority declared separate admission for every unit. Like other years, this year Dhaka University released its unit-wise admission circular. Follow the below chart to download the unit-wise DU admission circular.